Autodesk changed my life!


It takes between a few hours, months and even years to get around a unique concept.
The pain of the Creative is making something out of the chaos.
That's why the Autodesk University award I recently received is my greatest achievement personally. 
That's because up until now I never really was recognised for whom I truly am.
From a conversation in a road trip about seven years ago, I had my first introduction to true design. Everything before then were doodles, sketches and paintings at art class although I was a science student. I knew what I wanted then, I just didn't have the tools or name for it. I often found myself wondering how do I blend art and Engineering?
Hmmmm....
Back to the road trip, I went on blabbing about dreams of smart buildings, robots and inventions as an African teen with my Big Cousin. Who later on turned out to become my first true mentor. He listened to me talk about wishes of being able to design, test and run buildings and products with a computer. After talking for nearly an hour, he told me all I have been saying was already happening with Autocad, Maya and Rhino. I latter got to find out these were the tools that will shape my future as an Industrial designer.
My big Cuz got me my first design tool set.
Fast forward five years, by now I'm easily the best designer in my school, getting most of my income from these tools and then I meet a Professor in my CAD class. He announces that we will be using Fusion 360. At this time Fusion was just about a year old. It was new and unproven. I reflectively opposed him because I have been using Rhino and Solidworks all these years. He was persistent, so I gave it a try not knowing what would unfold. Two weeks in I was in awe. Never have I found a tool that let's me be an artist with the precision of a craftsman and reliability of an engineer.
A year later just before graduating I apply for the DesignNext Africa challenge by Autodesk University with product design 'Ina'Lite' using the Fusion 360 software and against all odds I emerged a winner.
I know there are many creatives battling with thoughts and concepts, some with even greater ideas than I have. 
However I feel so blessed to have found the platform, mentors and tools to make my dreams a reality.
Autodesk did truly change my life.


#industrialdesign #concept #design #product #fitness #product #new #weights #gym #gymmotivation @jimswayout #industrialdesign #productdesign #weights #bicepworkout #newtechnology
#technology #tech #life #electronics #techie @Autodesk @AutodeskUniversity 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts